PAPA JOHN’S HEAT HOUSE PARTY presented by Papa John’s Sweepstakes
1. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Papa John’s Pizzerias, 8619 South Dixie Highway, Miami, FL 33143 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER AND A RESIDENT OF MIAMI-DADE, BROWARD OR PALM BEACH COUNTY, FLORIDA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Employees and the immediate families of employees of the Released Parties (as defined in Section 10 below) their affiliates and subsidiaries are ineligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state and local regulations.
4. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. (EST) on March 6, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on March 20, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”), after which the time the Sweepstakes will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, log onto www.heatsweeps.com/papajohns to submit your entry. Online entries must include your complete name, address, zip code, date of birth, daytime and evening phone numbers and email address to enter the Sweepstakes. No other method of entry is acceptable and multiple entries submitted by a single entrant will be void. Limit one entry per person. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees to be bound by all the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.
If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if a computer virus, bug, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, and/or the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to void any entries submitted fraudulently, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, and conduct a random drawing to select the prize winners from all non-suspect entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and that person may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to disqualify any entry, in its sole discretion, that appears to have been generated by a so-called “spam” or automated email program or via scripts and automated submission.
6. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Sponsor will conduct one (1) random drawing on or about March 23, 2015 to select one (1) Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
The potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by mail and/or email after the drawings. Except where prohibited, each potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize.
If the potential winner is determined not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, cannot be contacted, fails to return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In that event, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be sent within 30 days of receipt of completed documentation as required.
PRIZES: The Grand Prize awarded will consist of one (1) HEAT/Papa John’s Watch Party at your home with the HEAT Experience on Friday, March 27th (ARV: $3,000); Grand Prize includes but not limited to: HEAT Dancers, Burnie, Xtreme Team, HEAT Announcer, HEAT DJ, Fifteen (15) Papa John’s pizza pie, cookies, and soda and one (1) 2014-15 team autographed ball. Entries and prizes are non-transferable. Prizes will be awarded if the number of eligible entries received equals or exceeds the number of available prizes. Prizes may not be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value or cash value for any prize.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Sweepstakes entrant shall be eligible to win only one prize. Void where prohibited by law.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local taxes on the prize(s) are the sole responsibility of each winner. All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. All winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more must complete a Form 1099 before receiving their prize. If the Form 1099 is not signed, the winner forfeits the applicable prize.
By accepting a prize, where permitted by law, winners grant to Sponsor, those acting pursuant to Sponsor's authority (and agree to confirm said grant in writing), Basketball Properties, Ltd., Miami Heat Limited Partnership, AmericanAirlines Arena, National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC and/or each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotion agencies the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and Sweepstakes purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Websites; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Websites, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using any such method. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same account, the authorized holder of the account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors, Website users, tampering or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Websites; (iii) injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading or copying materials from or use of the Website; (iv) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network, hardware or software; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (vi) lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or technical failures, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. If, for any reason, an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes or a drawing is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or drawings, and select the winner(s) for the Sweepstakes, or for such drawings, from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
ENTRANTS AND PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, MIAMI HEAT LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, THE AMERICANAIRLINES ARENA, BASKETBALL PROPERTIES, LTD., MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, CITY OF MIAMI, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION AND ITS MEMBER TEAMS, NBA PROPERTIES, INC., NBA MEDIA VENTURES, LLC, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (“RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DEATH), ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITY OTHERWISE RELATED TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITES, OR FROM THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THESE SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS, Swine Flu), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes.
Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
10. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Miami-Dade County, FL.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a full list of the winner's name(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt within 30 days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period to: Miami HEAT, Corporate Partnerships, Papa John’s HEAT House Party Sweepstakes, 601 Biscayne Blvd. Miami, FL 33132.
© 2015 Papa John’s Pizzerias. All rights reserved. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.