Papa John’s Takeover Sweepstakes
- Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER AND A RESIDENT OF MIAMI-DADE, BROWARD AND WEST PALM BEACH COUNTY, FLORIDA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, December 6, 2012 and ends at 10:00 p.m. (EST) on Sunday, December 30, 2012. Employees and the immediate families of employees of the Released Parties (as defined in Section 4 below) their affiliates and subsidiaries are ineligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state and local regulations.
2. How To Enter: To enter, log onto www.heatsweeps.com/papajohns to submit your entry. Online entries must include your complete name, address, zip code, daytime and evening phone numbers and email address to enter the Sweepstakes. No other method of entry is acceptable and multiple entries submitted by a single entrant will be void. Limit one entry per person. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
3. Random Drawing and Prizes: Three (3) “Papa John’s Takeover” Sweepstakes prize winners will be randomly selected on or about Thursday, January 3, 2013 from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by the Miami HEAT, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected and shall receive a pizza party (at the winner’s house on or about January 20, 2013 for up to ten (10) people. Such pizza party will include four (4) large pizzas and sodas catered by Papa John’s, a meet and greet appearance from a current Miami HEAT basketball player and two (2) Miami HEAT dancers One (1) 2nd place prize winner will be selected and shall receive one (1) large pizza delivered by Burnie and will receive two (2) tickets to the Miami HEAT vs. Toronto home basketball game on January 23, 2013. One (1) 3rd place prize winner in will be selected and shall receive one (1) large pizza and an autographed Miami HEAT item. Total ARV is $4,500. The number of sodas provided at the pizza party shall be reasonably determined by Papa John’s. The 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be delivered on the dates and times determined by Papa John’s. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Miami HEAT’s sole discretion. Unless expressly set forth above, all expenses and incidental costs such as parking, food and beverage and/or merchandise are the responsibility of the winner. Miami HEAT reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. Each “Papa John’s Sweepstakes” prize winner will be notified by email or telephone. Prize winner will be required to respond to the phone call and/or email notification within twenty four (24) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. If no return call or email is received within the time allotted or if winner cannot accept a prize as specified by the Miami HEAT, an alternate winner will be selected. Further, the winner will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within three (3) days of prize notification. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In the event of prize winner forfeiture or disqualification, the Miami HEAT will only select an alternate winner once.
4. Limitation of Liability. Miami Heat Limited Partnership, the AmericanAirlines Arena, Basketball Properties, Ltd., Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, Papa John’s, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail, miscommunications, failed telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Entries become the property of the Miami HEAT and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entrants who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person in relation to this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by the Miami HEAT, will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and Miami HEAT reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Release Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other persons’ property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. The Miami HEAT shall resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and causes of action (however named or described) of any kind resulting from or arising out of the participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, possession, receipt or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees to be bound by all the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.
No responsibility is assumed by any of the Released Parties hereunder for: any error, including typographical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any other problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions in the posting of the rules on-line. Any trade names, trademarks or service marks shown as part of the materials associated with the Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
5. Publicity. Acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission to use winner's name, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation as permitted by law by Basketball Properties, Ltd., Miami Heat Limited Partnership, AmericanAirlines Arena, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, and/or each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotion agencies.
6. Winners List: For the names of the winner: send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by February 4, 2013 Papa John’s Sweepstakes, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132, ATTN: Corporate Sponsorships.